Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon Madness

Well, I think Trevor and I have started a new tradition. We, once again, waited in line for hours to see Twilight- New Moon. He took the day off. As soon as I got home from work, we both got things together, ran to Target for some munchies, and headed to the theaters. I won't bore you with all the details of the ups and downs the theatre put us through, but it all worked out perfectly in the end, so the rest doesn't really matter.
We purposely bought enough tickets for our group to see Twilight at 9p.m. and then New Moon in the SAME theatre at Midnight, so we could get preferred seating. While it was hard to sit through Twilight again when we were all so anxious to just see New Moon, it was better to sit in the theatre in a warm comfortable seat than out in the cold like last year. This was just a little view of the crowd waiting to get in to the theatre. It got way bigger and a little bit crazy and loud toward 8:00p.m. This is what makes the experience so much fun.....I think at least.
This is one of the teachers I work with at Katella, and my dear friend Christine Garcia. We are both big Twilight fans. We don't see eye to eye on some parts of the movie, like she doesn't like Jacob....she had the nerve to boo at his parts....{big grin}....where I, on the other hand, have always liked Jacob. I guess you could say, I play both teams. We were lucky enough to be in line close together so we could visit while we waited. She even sat right behind me during the movie. That made it even more fun.
Trevor, Me, Ali, and Amy waiting for the movie to start.
Amy, her friend Eric, Nicole, and her BFF from high school Kristina, also waiting for the movie to start. I didn't get Patrick and Mary sitting on the other side of Trevor. We had a group of 9 of us, and it was so much fun to see it together.
I would just like to say that New Moon was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G... It was sooooooooooo much better than Twilight. What made it better you asked???? Well let me tell you:
1. Edwards sparkle didn't look like glitter or sweat on his face.
2.No awkward acting moments from Kristen Stewart.
3.Jacob's body was just NOT hard to look at at all!!!
4.It actually followed the book better than Twilight did.

5. The wolves were believable when they transformed.

6.You didn't have a chance to miss Edward, because he was all through the movie.

7. I cried in three parts....yes, I shed a tear in this one.

8. The music was good....but then so was Twilight's.

It was just an all round better movie. Chris Weitz did a wonderful job. You can tell they had more money to work with on this movie. Now, let's just hope that Eclipse can meet it's standards. Here's to June 2010!!!!!!


0 thoughts to ponder from those I care about: