Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Have you ever had a dream?????

As a teenage girl, I would always dream about someday being a mother. When I was in high school and all my friends and I would sit around talking about our dreams, I would tell them my dream was to be a wife and mother. They were a little shocked that I had "small" dreams in their eyes. To me, those were the only dreams that were important. I never wanted to be a career woman. I felt the most important job for a woman was to be a good wife, and raise children up into the world to contribute good things to society. Well, I did become a wife. 30 years ago today, my dream of becoming a mother came true. I can hardly believe that it has already been 30 years that Rick, that little bundle of joy, became the reality of my much anticipated dream. He was then, and still is the joy of my life. I am so proud to be his mom, and am grateful to him for putting up with being the "first"......mistakes are always made with the first one. = ) He has brought so much joy into my life, and started off being the beginning of a wonderful family. I love you Rick!!!! Happy Birthday.


I must say though. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that my oldest child is 30!!!!! How can that be????

0 thoughts to ponder from those I care about: