Sunday, May 3, 2009

What a "Marathon" of a weekend.....

What an amazingly fun weekend I had!!! First it started on Friday night. Amy and I went to dinner and to see the movie X-Men: Origins Wolverine.....great movie. I want to see that one again it was that good. Then Saturday morning I had a Stampin Up meeting in Corona....that was a lot of fun. On Saturday night, I went to dinner and the movies AGAIN...this time with both daughters, we went and saw "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past"....another cute movie. A one timer, but cute. BUT....to top off a great weekend....my son Jeff ran his first marathon today. It was a half marathon and he ran it in 2 hours and 30 minutes exactly. We were there at the finish line to cheer him on.
You can see him running the last stretch there in the front....so proud!!! Doesn't he look great for just running 13 miles???? I sure think so. He was pretty sweaty though.

Here he is with his proud wife.
Heather, Amy, and Trevor giving their support.


We asked someone to take a picture of all of us before we left. He is registered to run a full marathon, which is 26.2 miles at the end of the month in San Diego....Go Jeff Go... you can do it.


Talk about an inspirational experience. It was so much fun to be towards the finish line cheering on those runners coming through. There were all kinds of people, all ages, all sizes and shapes, running today. Makes us all want to start training for a marathon ourselves.
What a great weekend. Then we also had the kiddos over for dinner tonight. What a great way to end an amazing weekend. I will have to post pictures of the babes tomorrow. I need to go to bed to catch up with my rest from what was NOT a relaxing weekend....it was fun....and that was better by far.

1 thoughts to ponder from those I care about:

Mirna said...

Way to go Jeff! I need to just walk like I should. Looking forward to the pictures. Mom