Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Color Throwdown Challenge

Okay, I have to explain this photo. When I was taking a picture of this card, the soft sky wasn't showing up, so I put a piece of pumpkin pie underneath it....wow, that did the trick. In case you can't tell, the flowers are punched out of barely banana cardstock scallop punch, and then cut to be made into flower petals. If I wasn't challenged to use the soft sky, I think I would have put it on chocolate chip instead, but this will work. This is just a close up of the flowers and the textured leaves, just ran through the crimper.
Gonna get this posted on the Color Throwdown website, and off to bed for me. I'm tired from playing so hard with the grandkids today. I love having them home again.

9 thoughts to ponder from those I care about:

Tracy said...

Hey! One of my favoritest ladies - I found you!!! Ever since we moved away, I have wanted to keep in touch with you. I'm terrible at that, but I am so happy to find your blog!!! Thanks so much for visiting mine! Looking forward to keeping in touch through blogging - miss you!!!

Kisa Peters said...

I love the card! I love how you crimped your leaves.....great idea! It all works so perfectly together! Thanks for playing!

I made my card tired too......and behind! Yikes! Oh well - it is up now......and I did get it posted before MY clock said midnight!! : )

Tammy Hershberger said...

That's beautiful! What a great punch-art card, and the colors for this week are perfect for your idea! Thanks for playing along!

LeAnne said...

What a fun card! I love making these leaves and flowers! Thanks for playing along!
LeAnne

mueppi said...

Die Karte ist wunderschön!!!!!!
LG Gisela

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty!! I love how you did your flowers, they look fabulous!

Cathy Rulli said...

I love this!!!! thanks for playing!

Broni said...

So pretty and uplifting! I love how you used your scalloped circle punch to make your flowers!

itsallrosi said...

this is really pretty - loving the texture on the leaves