Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's the little things in life that count....

Last Sunday was such a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't been able to have Sunday dinners for a while because Rick's schedule had him working Sundays. Well, his schedule has changed again and he once again has Sundays off....Yippee!!!! We were lucky enough to have EVERYONE there too. It was just a wonderful day for me.
Erick and Haylee wanted to wear an apron like Grandma and be here helper, so they each got to pick one....(grandma has plenty). They were so excited that they were Grandma's helper that they wanted to take a picture of all of us in our aprons. Aren't they just adorable??? I love my little helpers.....and especially those great big smiles on their faces. At one point, Erick went into Grandpa's room and put on his work boots. It was just too cute to not get a picture of that.
The above picture is of Grandpa and the little bundles in the spa. This was Zachary's first time in the spa.....and he LOVED it. It was so cute to watch him splash the water. This is Grandpa's special time with the kiddos. He loves to go in the spa with the kids and just watch them have fun in there. (Erick had pink eye and as a result of everyone being in the water with him....they all got pink eye the next day....Grandpa said he would do it all again, it was so much fun.)


The picture below just makes me smile every time I see it. Let me set the stage for the picture here...I wasn't sure what to make and asked everyone what they wanted. I got a few different requests. So, I made 3 of them. We had homemade Lasagna, Chicken Enchiladas, and homemade Macaroni and Cheese. For dessert, I also made 2 different things. Haylee was my little helper remember, so when we went into the kitchen to serve dessert, she said, "Welcome to Best Friends Bakery." I thought that was so stinking cute. She helped Trevor and I serve the dessert and then she got down to business. She made her own menu for her "Best Friends Bakery". The picture is her menu.

She wanted to post it where everyone could see it from the dining room. I have this display of pictures with magnets facing the dining room, so that's where we put it. The thing I love the most is on the bottom of the picture frame it says, "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." Well that's how I feel about Haylee's sweet little menu, it's a little thing, but one day when she's all grown up and we look back on this day, it will be a big thing....just being together as a family is a big thing.
These sweet little moments with my family are the best.

1 thoughts to ponder from those I care about:

Tracy said...

I love when your family gets together simply for the way it makes your heart overflow! :) Love you and your family!