Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Snowball Express Fun....

Rick works at the John Wayne Airport, and on Saturday American Airlines put on a really fun day for the kids whose parents have died fighting in Iraq....they called it Snowball Express. They invited all those that work at the airport and their families to join in on the fun. I was so impressed with all they did to make it a fun day for those families who have sacrificed so much for all of us. As you can see there were pony rides for the kids. Haylee and Erick both just loved it.
Look at that smile on Erick's face.....OMGosh he is so stinkin happy. He said it was like being Woody on Toy Story 2. What a funny kid.
They had a bounce house with a slide. You can see Hayden and Haylee inside on this picture. The kids probably spent the majority of their time inside the bounce house.
There was a helicopter there that they got to sit inside of.
And there was face painting. Just about everyone there had there face painted in some way. Haylee wanted a pink pony and didn't want it on her face, so she put it on her arm and we talked her into getting a pink heart on her face. Can you tell her favorite color is pink?
Here she is getting it painted on.
This was Erick the whole time we were around the clowns that were painting the faces. He was scared of the clowns.
Little Zach trying to get his hands on that watermelon. He loves watermelon Ali said.
There was tons of food there and it was all you could eat for free.
This is Hayden with the clown "Scribbles" who painted most of our faces. She was a really nice lady. She was from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She works for American Airlines during the day and is a clown on the weekends. She said when they asked her to fly down for this event, she was more than happy to do it. She said she volunteers at the Children's Hospital close by her and paints the kids faces who are terminally ill. What a big heart she had.....and so stinkin funny.
Hayden as a monster.
Ali and Zach got their faces painted too. When Scribbles was painting Zach's face, there were so many people that gathered around to watch him. He was so chill and just sat there and let her do it. He was the hit of the day. Everyone just couldn't get enough of little Zach that day.
Scribbles gave him a mirror to look at his face, all he wanted to do was look at her.
The cutest Tiger I have ever seen.

Zach just kept wanting to stare at Hayden's face. He still knew it was Hayden though.
I even got my face painted. I told her to just do whatever.....oh my....she sure did. If I had known what she was going to do, I think I would have just passed. It was a little bit more than I was comfortable with. In case you can't tell, I'm a peacock. I couldn't wait to get to it with the baby wipes.....Thanks anyways Scribbles. :D
Just before we left Haylee also got a pink pony balloon, and a pink heart balloon. I told you the girl likes pink.
Afterwards we went to Heather's place and went swimming.
I think Zach is part fish, because he LOVES the water.
At one point Erick grabbed his chair and decided he just wanted to watch.
Little Zach's shriveled up feet from the water.
Then we went up to her place and Rick and I played Wii Bowling. I had never played before. This was Zach watching us play. Just chillin.
It was a really fun day. I hope the families that were there had as much fun as we did. Thanks for taking me along Rick!!!

0 thoughts to ponder from those I care about: