Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our 4th of July Celebration.....

Gary is in a band.
One of the band members had a block party on their street on the 4th of July....so, the band played. Rick and Ali and the kids and I went to join the festivities.
This is what I took to the party. Notice the red, white and blue theme....and can I say, it was delicious???? It was easy too. Thought you'd like to see all the yummy goodness inside.....ummmm
Erick sitting down eating his "chips"....yummy dinner huh???....waiting for the band to play.

This was Erick's reaction when the band started playing.
You can see he adjusted to the loudness. We were sitting right by the speakers, so that didn't help.
Laura, the singer in the band, knows Haylee loves microphones and singing....so, she called Haylee up to sing with the band and play a little tapping of sticks together.
She LOVED it!!!
After the band played their first set, Grandpa came and joined us. Erick being silly.

Even little Zach enjoyed the day. The music didn't seem to bother him at all.

He is so stinking adorable. I love those cheeks.
I love how when you hold Zach close, he takes his little hand and holds it on your face. It is so sweet.
This picture was great, because Rick is in the middle of these two in the background.
Grandpa just couldn't get enough loving from this little guy.
One of the activities was an ice-cream eating contest.....without your hands.....Erick got right in there and had a great ol' time.


Haylee.....not so much. She was NOT happy when they added chocolate syrup to her ice-cream.....What Haylee???? Are you kidding me???? That's the best part of the whole thing.
Later, some kids were so excited they started lighting off fireworks before it got dark. Some sweet kids were kind enough to share their poppers with Erick and Haylee. They had fun with those.
Just watching.

Later, the band played another set of songs. Erick went and asked Grandpa if he could play with him....Grandpa put him on his lap and played with Erick's help. He was actually playing along with him. Erick LOVED it. I have a video of him playing with a grin on his face from ear to ear. Maybe I'll post it later. He really did have fun. Poor Rick and Ali, another drummer in the family.....ughhh.
As the sun started to go down, out came the sparklers. {I don't know why this picture wouldn't turn. I'm still trying to play with this new computer and figure things out.}

I love this picture of Erick with his sparkler.

It was fun. The smoke from all the fireworks got to be a little too much for the baby, so we headed out. I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. I'm very grateful for all those who have served our great country, and their families that support them. While the economy might suck right now, I'm still grateful to live in this country and to enjoy all that we do....especially freedom.

2 thoughts to ponder from those I care about:

Case Family said...

It looks like you guys had lots of fun!!! Zac is so stinkin' cute!! I love those eyes, so precious!

Mirna said...

The 4th is for "Kids" what fun. Lora, Danny and I enjoyed the "Angels game" and their fireworks on the 4th.. guess I'm still a kid> Grandma S.