Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Jeff ROCKED IT!!!!!

I'm so proud of Jeff. He did it again!!! He ran another marathon. This time it was a full 26.2 mile marathon. It was in San Diego, and the weather was absolutely perfect as you can see in the background of the pictures.
We didn't just want to go to the finish line, we wanted to root him on along the way. Not really knowing our way around San Diego very well we realized the best place to meet up with him would be the 17 mile marker.....so we did.
Here we are waiting for him to come along. You can see to the left all the runners running past. I couldn't believe how many people were out running this thing. It was really impressive. The kids had made signs and T-shirts for support. The sign that says "the burger would be proud" is because he works for In-n-Out Accounting Dept. This picture below is kinda funny. We saw Jeff coming and got all excited and started yelling....this guy coming along saw Trevor's hand out waiting for Jeff and gave Trevor a high 5. It was GREAT. You can see Jeff's red shirt in the background coming up behind this guy.

And there he is.....OUR RUNNER!!!!! I'm so glad we were there at the 17 mile marker because he was at a good time. He was just under 3 hours. His goal was to run under 5 hours.....he would have made it too if an old knee injury hadn't flared up.
He stopped for a minute for some loving and refueling. He told us here that his knee was really starting to give him problems.
Nicole {Jeff's wife} is showing Jeff her T-shirt in this picture.
Look at that smile. I love him!!! As he started running off again, he had a hard time with his knee. I guess it had stiffened up on him while he stopped.....so, I jogged along with him to give him loving support and the last thing he said to me as he took off was, "I'm not quiting! I WILL finish this....and he did too.
After we left him at the 17 mile marker we jumped in the car, got on the freeway and went to the finish line to wait for him there. Here we are with everyone. It really is a fun inspiring thing to do. Even if you don't have a runner, to be there and watch and cheer on these people do this great accomplishment and goal is FUN!!! {We even got the wonderful....ummm probably not the right word....experience of watching some guy run across the finish line BUCK NAKED...yeah you read that right. Wait I take that back, he had a flag on his back and a helmet on and his running shoes, so not completely naked.}
The happy family waiting.
I don't have a picture of him crossing the finish line, because I was video taping it...I didn't do a very good job with that video I was so excited to see him "hobbling" in that it is pretty wobbly. Even with a knee injury he ran that 26.2 miles in 5 hours and 40 minutes. WOW!!!! For his first marathon and a knee injury I'm really proud of him!!

Getting through the crowd to get his hugs from his waiting family. Here his very happy and proud wife is hugging him.
Can you tell by the look on my face how I feel?
Sitting at the medic station to get some ice on that knee.
His number.
His number with the medal he received for running the marathon. He's getting quite a little collection of these things. From what I understand, he can't wait to run the next one....that's my boy!!!
Jeff and Nicole before we left to go to feed this boy....he needed some serious nourishment after that.
His knee was so badly injured that he could hardly walk or get in the car....poor guy has stairs in his apartment...ugh. He has been off work the past 3 days recovering.
I am so proud of him. Marathons are great....listen to me....I've never even ran one....will I???? still on the fence on that one....but they are very inspirational for setting goals and acheiving them.
I now have two marathoners.....my daughter in law Ali, and now Jeff. Great job both of you. Heather is talking about running the next one with him in Vegas in December.....so stay tuned for those photos.....
Thanks for peeking in. Have a great day.

1 thoughts to ponder from those I care about:

Mirna said...

I think that's a great idea for Heather to run, she's really looking great! And Congradulation to Jeff. What a trooper to finish with a bumm knee. Good job! grandma S.