Friday, August 29, 2008

A blast to the past....

Taylor has a new sketch...it is Friday after all. She challenges us to use cupcakes if we have them....we don't have to, put she encourages it. I thought I would try to make a masculine card. I went through my paper and stamps, and decided to go waaaayyy back. I decided to use the loads of love stamp set and the In Colors from 2006 & 2007. Remember Marigold Morning, Buckaroo Blue, True Thyme and Cranberry Crisp? Those are the colors I used. I have tons of it left and needed to clear it out. This is what I created.... I didn't put Taylor's sketch up, but you can see it here if you want to peek.
I was too tired. I went to Disneyland for about 3 hours today with my son and that can be draining.....but it sure was fun. Now, we are off to take my mother in law out to dinner. It is her 81st birthday today. Happy Birthday Grandma. We love you.


8 thoughts to ponder from those I care about:

Taylor said...

Oh so cute! There's a big cupcake in the back of the pickup truck! Love it! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Tanya said...

I like your card! That was Cranberry Crisp year, my forever-favorite. ;)
I'm glad you caught my vent on my blog, hee hee! I was going to comment here to make sure you'd see it. I got some very funny feedback that has kept me laughing all afternoon. Guess I better share my "real" life more often! haha! But Sunday and Monday are already family posts so I'll spread out the reality for later in the week. ;)

Kathryn said...

Fantastic card -- the truck with the cupcake is DARLING! :)

We are headed to Disneyland in November - -we are so excited :)

Take care!

Mirna said...

Boy that card looks just like Norm. he must be inspiring you on that one. Love, Mom

Catherine said...

too cute! that's a big cupcake and i hope it's heading to Gilroy, California =)

Sankari W. said...

Love the cupcake in the back of the truck!! Wish a truck like that could roll into my driveway! Great card!!!

Chris said...

Great card Andrea and if I could have a cupcake that would be almost as big as a truck I'd be a very happy girl!!! It's a brilliant idea for a male card, love it. Hugs, Chris

Heather said...

mmm...I would love a pickup to bring me some cupcakes! OK, I'd be happy with cupcakes however they could get to me!